You wish to optimize the settings for your website to best suit the needs of your event.
From Events -> Settings, start by setting basic event details.
- Event Name - Enter the name of the event, as you want it displayed on the website and in email messages.
- Registration Status - Select open or closed. This allows for an event administrator to manually close registration once capacity has been reached.
- Sub-hostname - Enter the Sub-Hostname name. The Sub-hostname is used to uniquely identify a specific event or campaign website. For example if the site URL is http://example.donations.dojiggy.com, the 'donations' part is the Sub-hostname.
- Participant Label - Enter the label to be used to refer to Participants ie. guest, participant.
NOTE: The label must be in singular form. For example, Student not Students. Failure to use the singular form will result in improper labels and references throughout the system.
- Group Label - Enter the label to be used to refer to Teams/Groups EG team, group, table, etc.
NOTE: The label must be in singular form. For example, Team not Teams. Failure to use the singular form will result in improper labels and references throughout the system.
- Participants Per Group - Enter the number of Participants in each Group - Only if you have Groups in your event. Set to 0 for flexible team sizes (teams of any size).
- Start Date - The event start date is the first day of the Event. Enter the start date/time of the Event.
- End Date - Enter the end date/time of the Event.
- Registration Start Date - Enter the date to start taking registrations.
NOTE: Registrations will be open from this date.
- Registration End Date - Enter the date to stop taking registrations
NOTE: Registrations will end on this date.
- Handicap Limit - Handicap Limit for registrants – (for Golf events only.)